Before purchasing you should know what are the most important limitations of UXWizz While UXWizz is regularly updated, some of those limitations are browser-imposed and are not likely to be solved in the near future.
Recording/Session Playback limitations
- Interactions over or inside iframes are not recorded (browsers do not propagate events from iframes to the parent document)
- Recorded pages content, versions or updates are not stored. This happens because the default tracking system only stores the URL of the recorded pages, this means that the page content is only loaded when the record is being played and it is always the latest/current version of the page at that URL.
- As a consequences of the previous point: if a user has to log-in in order to access a specific area of the website you will not be able to view recordings on that area as long as you are not logged in as well. Also, if you are logged in as a different user you may see their actions done on your user panel.
- Web components and shadow-DOM or frameworks that use those technologies (like Polymer) might not be properly recorded. This happens because encapsulated elements do not correctly respond to external artificially triggered events (eg: click).
- As all actions done by the user are actually replayed on your site, you should add the class UST_noClick on the HTML elements that lead to a final action (eg. finalizing an order), so that the click will be shown but the action will not be executed.
- Heatmap data is displayed over an iframe of the given website URL. Because of this, the tracked website must allow for it to be displayed within an iframe on your dashboard domain.
- Heatmaps record data points relative to the page container. Because of this, interactions over dynamic elements (such as dropdowns, pop-ups) would show as activity when viewing the heatmap regardless of their visibility (you still see heatmap activity in the region the pop-up was shown, even though the pop-up is currently not visible).
Because UXWizz is self-hosted the maximum number of recordings stored depends on your server configuration.
Usually it is a good idea to limit the recordings to only store latest 50k-200k recordings on low-spec servers. You can safely track around 30k-50k monthly sessions on a cheap $5/mo VPS. For more details see the server specifications guidelines.