Install on a new server
Although you can install UXWizz on the same server as your site, sometimes it might not be possible (eg. your site does not run on PHP) or you might not want to add extra resources on the same server as your site. There are also other advantages of running UXWizz on a separate server:
- Security: If someone somehow gains access to your UXWizz installation, or a vulnerability is found in UXWizz, the attacker will not be able to affect anything else outside the UXWizz dashboard.
- Site performance: UXWizz is well optimized, but it's even better if all UXWizz tracking and queries are executed on a separate server, as there is no way for those to affect the performance of the tracked sites.
- Dashboard performance: The recommended DigitalOcean $5/mo server performance is usually better than most shared hostings, so all the UXWizz dashboard will be faster, as all the graphs can be generated faster on the server.
Why I recommend DigitalOcean:
- I used them for several projects and I had a really good experience.
- I already tested and run an UXWizz dashboard on one of their $5/mo server.
- Their interface and UX is one of the best.
- The server performance is very good for its cost, your UXWizz dashboard will be fast.
- They provide pre-built LAMP images, meaning that you can create a server that already has Apache, PHP and MySQL ready.
- They allow for cloud-init scripts, which means I can provide you with a script that runs when the server is created to automatically install UXWizz for you.
- They have a referral program. The DigitalOcean links on this page have an affiliate code and if you sign-up through the links on this page you will get $100 in credit over 60 days. This means that you can get a very powerful server for for 2 months for free.
The Contabo UI/UX is not as good as DigitalOcean and purchasing a server requires 1-2 hours of provisioning time, but the performance/cost ratio is a lot higher.